In 1911 Fellowes Prynne designed a new organ case and pulpit. Both can be
seen in the undated postcard illustrated.
The War Memorial of 1919 is one of the best examples of the architect's many
such memorials – his chief work following the death of two of his sons in the
Great War. The centre panel contains a crucifix, set against a stencilled ground
of maroon with gold decoration. It is framed by rich carving of vines, and the
text beneath the crucifix reads (from St. John’s gospel): Greater love hath
no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. On either
side of it are panels listing the names of those who gave their lives in World
According to the late Gwen Fellowes-Prynne, one of George Fellowes Prynne’s
sisters married parson Bond, who was vicar of Ashburton.