The restoration, started in 1890, consisted of:
- Barrel roof throughout
- Tracery in all windows renewed
- New stonework for arches & surrounds to all windows in interior
- New chancel arch
- Sanctuary floor relaid and decorated with mosaic – very typical of
Local stone blocks were used, pointed with red cement as at Budleigh
Salterton & Exmouth.
Observation indicates other items such as the pulpit may be to Fellowes
Prynne's specification, but they are unconfirmed. As well as the renewed window
stonework, some external details also suggest the architect's input; there is a
stone marking completion of the work set into the east wall (seen in the
illustration of the east window tracery).
Restoration was completed at a cost of more than £1200. The church was
re-opened on 30 December 1891.